Instructor: Guitar and Bass
Rob has been a prominent figure in the greater Hamilton music teaching community for over 30 years. Rob attained advanced
certifications in both Plectrum and Classical guitar from the Ontario Conservatory of Music and Royal Conservatory of Music respectively. Upon completing the Teacher Training Program, he was hired at the Ontario Conservatory part-time to teach private and class guitar lessons all before graduating high school.
After graduating from Mohawk College, Business Administration in 1986, Rob was hired full-time at The Conservatory where he successfully used his music and business skills and knowledge to eventually oversee complete studio operations including teaching staff, administration, sales and marketing. Some notable accomplishments and experiences include:
- co-authored the Syllabus for the Ontario Music Teachers’ Guild guitar curriculum
- over 25 years as examiner for OMTG affiliated studios
- adjudicator for several local and regional music festivals and competitions
- co-founder of the Greater Hamilton Music Festival
What Rob is most proud of though is the successes of so many of his students throughout the years, many of whom went on to pursue professional careers in music themselves.
We’re very pleased to now have Rob join our team here at Studio E. His sense of humour and life experiences will put you at ease making the learning process fun while maintaining a commitment to teaching proper playing technique and reading skills. His lessons are geared toward your individual goals and desires as a player and utilizes his vast teaching and playing experience to help guide you with the relevant, practical material to achieve them.
Music Styles Taught:
- Guitar: All Genres, Royal Conservatory, and Contemporary (Acoustic/Electric)
- Bass Guitar: Electric, Contemporary
- Available for private and class lessons
- Music Rudiments/Theory
- Rock Band