Dear Parents & Families,
With the growing concern surrounding COVID-19, the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and our families is our primary concern.
First and foremost, we want to assure our students and their families that we are taking all of the appropriate measures to ensure that our facility is safe and that we have existing plans and training protocols in place to ensure they stay that way.
We have increased the level of contact cleaning at the studio. We have come up with a schedule to clean contact areas such as wiping down handles, pianos, guitars, microphones, and drumsticks between students to help prevent the spreading of germs with these preventative measures:
- Any staff member that shows any signs of flu symptoms is asked to stay home.
- In the meantime, we have put away all the magazines, books and toys.
- We ask that any student who has the flu or flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, difficulty breathing, etc.) to stay home.
- We ask that any parent or guardian who accompanies a student (and has the flu or flu-like symptoms) to stay home.
- Proper handwashing is key. Notices have been placed in all bathrooms: Remember to wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds and try to refrain from touching your face, nose, and eyes as much as possible.
- We will be allowing extra make-up lessons for any sick cancellations
These changes, along with Canada’s Public Health recommended measures (http://.www.canada.ca/en/public-heath/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-cvid-19.html)
will help us maintain a healthy workspace for all. As a reminder, we will be closed for regular lessons from Monday, March 16th to Saturday, March 21st. Our March Break camp will continue to run as usual. We will continue to monitor the situation and regularly communicate with you should the need arise. We ask that everyone help ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all who enter our music school.